Bed Bug Identification & Prevention
What are bed bugs?
What is there to say about bed bugs? Surprisingly, a lot! There are many common misconceptions about these pests, making keeping them away a challenge. At the first sign of bed bugs, call SureShot Pest Control and set up a pest control plan for your home.
The best way to describe the physical appearance of bed bugs is by comparing them to apple seeds. Bed bugs have flat, oval-shaped bodies that are brown. After taking a blood meal, bed bugs will swell and become redder. While they are small, they are still visible to the naked eye.
Are bed bugs dangerous?
Although bed bugs are parasites, they do not spread diseases. But their bites can lead to allergic reactions, secondary infections, high stress, and insomnia. Bed bug infestations are an all-around unpleasant experience that can leave people overwhelmed and exhausted.
Why do I have a bed bug problem?
One of the most dangerous misconceptions about bed bugs is that they only infest "dirty" homes, which is a dangerous belief because bed bugs can happen to anyone. Believing anything different can make you more susceptible to an infestation because these pests are often accidentally carried in by people or brought in on secondhand furniture. Understanding that bed bugs can spread quickly will help you prevent an infestation from happening.
Where will I find bed bugs?
From their name, most people think bed bugs only infest bed areas, but this isn't true. Bed bugs will gravitate to sleeping areas because it is easier for them to take a nighttime meal, but they will spread throughout the entire home.
This pest can hide in the tiniest places, such as in a screw head, furniture joints, behind wallpaper, appliances, carpets, and seams of curtains.
How do I get rid of bed bugs?
At SureShot Pest Control, we offer our customers the best and most effective bed bug control methods. Below are some of our bed bug control methods:
- We complete a visual inspection and use bed bug detecting dogs if necessary.
- We recommend getting rid of your mattresses and box springs or enclosing them in bed bug-proof covers for a year, which will kill the remaining bugs.
- We will provide a list of other recommended pretreatment steps to implement for the most effective results.
- Treatments consist of chemicals and heat, which require the homeowner to be away during the day-long process.
Learn more about our bed bug control process by contacting us at SureShot Pest Control. We provide free over-the-phone quotes, so it's easy to get started today! Learn more about our residential and commercial pest control service plans.
How can I prevent bed bugs in the future?
Once you have recovered from a bed bug infestation, the last thing you want is for them to come back again. To help prevent this from happening, make sure you:
- Inspect any secondhand items before bringing them home.
- Check your bags, personal belongings, and your children's things before returning home from school, work, stores, restaurants, theaters, hospitals, hotels, and other public places.
- Use light-colored bedding, protective covers on all mattresses and box springs, and vacuuming regularly.
For more bed bug prevention tips, call us at SureShot Pest Control!
Get A Free Quote!
Or Call Today
Recent Blog Articles
What You Should Know If You're Seeing Flying Termites Around Your Bedford Home
Are flying termites looking for a way into your Bedford home? Find out today and discover a simple option to keep these pests away.
The Ultimate Wasp Prevention Guide For Your Bedford Yard
Keep your Bedford yard free from wasps with these natural and effective prevention tips. Say goodbye to pesky wasps and enjoy your outdoor space.