Pest Control In Greenville, MI
In some ways, pest control is simple. If a pest can get into your home or business, it will. When you seal gaps, cracks, and holes, you make it more difficult for pests to get inside. Makes sense, right? Unfortunately, it isn't simple to seal every hole a pest can use to get into your home or business. It is also possible that you don't have the time, energy, or money to address the entry points pests may use. These are reasons to seek out Montcalm County pest control. A licensed and experienced pest control technician can help you address the entry points pests use to get into your home, but he can also apply layers of protection to reduce pest activity and stop pests from getting inside. Join us as we look at a few examples.
Residential Pest Control In Greenville
What are the layers of protection a pest control technician can provide? Here are a few examples.
- Exclusions may be applied to certain areas to seal gaps and cracks that pests can use as entry points.
- A liquid application to your exterior can bolster your defenses and prevent pests from exploiting tiny entry points.
- Treatments to your landscaping can reduce pest activity in this critical area and reduce the number of pests that may decide to get into your home.
- Spider web removal works to deter spiders from creating webs and also reduces spider populations when egg sacs are removed with webs.
- Granular applications on your property can give you residual pest protection between visits.
- Targeted use of baits and other control products works to address nests and colonies on your property.
- Wasp nests are knocked down.
The goal of residential pest control is to proactively work to reduce pest activity around your home and remove routes pests can use to get inside your home. These are only a few of the examples of how ongoing pest control can add layers of protection. If you'd like to learn more or schedule service, reach out to us. The SureShot Pest Control team is happy to help.
Commercial Pest Control In Greenville
There is usually zero tolerance for pest activity in commercial environments. Every business in Greenville can benefit from a layered approach to pest management. Sealing entry points is not enough on its own. Your business needs ongoing pest maintenance and treatments to reduce pest populations and deter pest activity. If you choose SureShot Pest Control for your commercial pest control service, we provide you with essential data regarding the pest pressures around your business and conducive conditions that promote pest activity and we work to provide the specific services needed to repel and knock down targeted pests. When you have fewer pests trying to get into your business, it is easier to keep pests out.
Why Bats Invade Greenville Homes
Brown bats live in tree voids. It only makes sense that they'll try to get into your home and live in wall, floor, or ceiling voids. The primary way you can deter bats is with exclusions. These animals are an example of pests that don't require layers of protection. They're not attracted to conducive conditions. They simply get into your home because they can. Do a detailed inspection of your exterior. Use a caulking gun and expanding foam to seal troublespots, and repair areas where building materials are damaged. If bats have already gotten inside, contact us for wildlife management.
Guide To Bed Bug Detection In Greenville
We've talked a lot about exclusion in this article, but some pests don't come in from your yard. Bed bugs are an example of this kind of pest. They are hitchhiking pests. You can have a hundred layers of protection around your home or business and still find yourself battling a bed bug infestation. How do you deal with hitchhiking pests? In the case of bed bugs, early detection and targeted control are the solution. Here are a few tips to help you detect bed bug activity early.
- Bed bugs cause black fecal spotting. If you see black spots on a sheet, pillowcase, or bedspread, you probably have a bed bug infestation.
- Bed bugs often hide in the seams of mattresses and box springs. If so, you can dislodge evidence of bed bug activity. Run a debit card, butter knife, or some other probing tool along your seams. If you find black feces, shed skins, tiny white eggs, or the bed bugs themselves, you have an infestation.
- Inspect upholstered furniture for bed bug signs.
- Inspect the gaps and cracks of your bed frames and hardwood furniture.
- Look for black streaks on baseboards, wall outlets, and bed stands.
If you detect bed bugs, contact SureShot Pest Control for a bed bug treatment. We use field-tested methods to locate and exterminate these insects. We'll make sure none of these bugs remain in your home.