What To Do About Ants In Your Bedford Home
August 30, 2022
Bedford is known for its beautiful parks and charming downtown area, but it's also home to a variety of pests. Ants are one of the most common pests here, and they can cause a lot of damage if they're not treated properly. SureShot Pest Control will discuss the different types of ants that are found in Bedford, the issues they cause in homes, and why DIY solutions aren't always enough. We'll also talk about how professional pest control in Bedford can help get rid of these pests for good.
Types Of Ants That Commonly Invade Bedford Homes
Here are a few different types of problematic ants you're likely to encounter in your Bedford home:
- Carpenter ants: These ants are attracted to moist wood, so they're often found in kitchens and bathrooms. They can cause a lot of damage to your home if they're not dealt with quickly.
- Pharaoh ants: These ants are yellow or light brown and are often found in healthcare facilities. They can spread disease and cause a lot of other problems, so it's important to get rid of them as soon as possible.
- Fire ants: Although not quite as common, we do have fire ants in Indiana. These ants are red or black and have a painful sting. They're often found in yards and gardens, but they can also invade your home.
Each type of ant has its own unique set of problems that it can cause, so it's important to get rid of them as soon as possible by calling an expert in home pest control for ants.
The Many Issues Ants Can Create In Your Home
Ants may be small, but they can cause a lot of issues in Bedford homes, such as:
- Contamination: Pharaoh ants can contaminate food with their saliva and feces, and are also known to spread bacteria like salmonella and E. coli.
- Damage: Carpenter ants can cause a lot of damage to your home if they're not dealt with quickly. They bore holes into wood in order to build their nests, which can weaken the structure of your home.
- Allergies: Some people are allergic to ant stings. If you're allergic to fire ants, for example, a sting can cause a serious reaction.
Ants are tiny insects that are not to be taken lightly when they invade your home. If you're seeing large numbers of them inside, be sure to contact a professional for ant control in Bedford.
Do-It-Yourself Ant Control Is A Waste Of Time And Money
There are a lot of DIY ant control solutions out there for getting rid of ants, such as traps and baits. However, these solutions are often not enough to eliminate the problem. Here's why:
- Ants are clever. They often figure out how to avoid traps and baits.
- Ants are difficult to find. Unless you know where they're nesting, it can be difficult to find all of the ants in your home. This means that some of the ants may stay hidden and continue to cause problems.
- DIY solutions are often temporary. The ants may come back after a few days or weeks, and you'll have to start the process all over again.
Do-it-yourself ant pest control solutions just aren't sufficient. If you're dealing with ants in your Bedford home, it's important to call a professional exterminator for ant control in your house.
Call The Professionals At The First Sign Of Ants In Your Home
Don't wait; call SureShot Pest Control at the first sign of ants in your Bedford home. We're the experts when it comes to indoor and outdoor ant control, and we'll be able to get rid of the problem quickly and efficiently. We'll inspect your home to find out where the ants are coming from and develop a customized plan to get rid of them. We also offer preventive services to keep ants and other pests away for good. Contact us today.
Contact SureShot Pest Control Today!(888) 616-3061
Get started with fast and effective pest control services in Indiana and Michigan.