The Secret To Getting Rid Of Mice In Your Bedford Home
October 15, 2022
Pest control in Bedford is of vital importance, especially when it comes to mice. They infest our homes through cracks and imperfections as small as a nickel. Once in our homes, they contaminate our food and possessions with urine, feces, and disease. They also breed in our attics, basements, and crawl spaces, further perpetuating the problems that arise with a mouse infestation.
While a mouse infestation is a serious problem, there are telltale signs to be on the lookout for in order to minimize their impact and remedy the issues before they get out of control. Importantly, call a licensed professional immediately in order to eradicate the problem and formulate a plan in order to prevent future costly and troublesome infestations.
Are You Looking For Pest Control In Bedford?
It is an unfortunate fact that mice find their way into our homes year-round. However they can be particularly pesky intruders in the fall and winter months; as the weather gets colder, mice try their best to infest our houses so they can avoid the harshness of the winter weather.
That’s why preventive pest control right now can help. Licensed pest control companies are here to inspect your home before there’s a problem and advise you on the best way to protect your home.
If you already have signs of infestation, like droppings or chewed wood, you should call the professionals right away so they can nip the problem in the bud before conditions worsen.
You Don't Have To Touch Mice For Them To Make You Sick
Do mice carry diseases? Yes, mice carry with them more than 35 diseases, viruses, and bacteria, and you need not directly handle or touch a mouse to get sick.
You can also get infected in the following ways:
- Contact with mice droppings, urine, or saliva: Mice typically produce more than 70 fecal pellets per day, or over 24,000 per year. These discharges are known to trigger allergies and carry with them food-borne illnesses like salmonella.
- Contact with mites, fleas, and ticks: these bugs feed on mice (alive and dead) and as a result can become infected with, and spread, the very dozens of harmful and potentially fatal diseases that mice are known to spread.
- Direct contact with mice: while rare, directly coming into contact with a rodent could leave you at risk for disease transmission through bites or other direct contact.
Some of the more infectious, and potentially fatal viruses that mice contract and spread are: Hantavirus, Tulameria, Plague, and Lymphocytic Choriomeningitis. These illnesses tend to affect just about every part of our bodies, from kidneys to blood to the respiratory and more.
The Best Way To Get The Mice Out Of Your House For Good
If you think that you have a mouse infestation, seek help from a licensed pest control professional immediately. We will conduct a full, complete inspection and formulate a proper plan before it gets out of control.
Here’s how to deal with mice in the house:
- A complete inspection
- A full eradication of the pests throughout the entire home, including: walls, attic, basement and/or crawl spaces.
- A go-forward list of recommendations for preventing future mouse infestations.
Contact the pros here at SureShot for more information about professional rodent removal.
How To Prevent Future Mouse Infestations In Your Home
In order to prevent future mouse infestations, it is incumbent upon the homeowner to stay vigilant. Some of the signs of mice you should be on the lookout for are droppings, urine, and gnawed wood and food containers.
Here are some helpful hints on how to get rid of mice for good:
- Seal cracks greater than one-quarter inch.
- Store food in airtight containers.
- Remove clutter from storage areas such as basements and attics.
- Reinforce and/or replace weather stripping and compromised mortar.
- Get rid of trash quickly is a great way to rid mice from the house.
- Install and maintain window screens and door sweeps.
- Ensure that attics, basement, and crawl spaces are dry and well ventilated.
- Call a professional pest management company for help.
Can a pest control professional get rid of mice? Yes, you should make an appointment with the experts to inspect the home to ensure that these precautions have been executed to the highest of standards.
Contact SureShot Pest Control Today!(888) 616-3061
Get started with fast and effective pest control services in Indiana and Michigan.