How Do I Get Rid Of Roaches In My Bedford Home Fast?
December 30, 2022
You wake up in the middle of the night and go to the kitchen for a glass of water. There, on the counter, you see it, the dreaded cockroach! No one wants to deal with finding a large cockroach in your kitchen. We’ve all heard of these notoriously hard-to-kill insects, so you’re surely wondering how to get rid of cockroaches.
An excellent place to start is searching out Bedford pest control company. Learning how to deter cockroaches can help with prevention efforts. Knowing some of the characteristics of cockroaches and their habits can also help. So let’s dig in and see what we can find about these insects.
Does Seeing One Cockroach Mean I Have An Infestation?
So you found one cockroach in your apartment or house; does this mean you have an infestation? Unfortunately, the answer to this question is yes. Cockroaches are considered social insects, which means they live in groups. They are also known for rapid reproduction rates. Knowing the signs of cockroaches in your home is helpful so you can be on the lookout.
- Finding feces droppings around the house, especially in large amounts.
- A musty smell can be an indication of roaches in your home.
- Seeing cockroach eggs, often under furniture or in hard-to-reach places.
- You may find skin sheds; cockroaches shed their skins as they mature.
- You might also notice smear marks on walls and floors.
Any of the above are sure signs of a cockroach infestation.
Can Roaches In My House Really Make Me Sick?
Now that you’ve found a cockroach in Bedford, questions are likely coming to mind. Can cockroaches make you sick? Do they bite? Can you be allergic to cockroaches? Let’s start with the good news, although cockroaches can bite, they rarely do.
The bad news is that they can make you sick and cause allergic reactions. Cockroaches pick up things like E. coli and Salmonella on their legs and transfer the germs to your food and kitchen. They spread parasitic worms and several other human pathogens. They cause allergic reactions and exacerbate asthma, especially in children.
Why Is It So Hard To Get Rid Of Cockroaches And Keep Them Away?
Here are some cockroach facts to help explain why it is so hard to kill these pests.
- They reproduce rapidly; some types breed at a rate of 6 generations per year.
- Cockroaches place their egg capsules in places we don’t access very often, under furniture or appliances, for example.
- They are very good at hiding and staying away from the light, so it may take some time to see one.
- They are swift; some cockroaches can run up to 3 miles per hour!
- They can evolve and form resistance to insecticides; then, they pass that resistance on to their offspring.
Now that we know some of the characteristics of cockroaches and know some of the signs of cockroaches in your Bedford home, we can find out how to get rid of them.
What’s The Best Way To Get Rid Of Roaches?
Let’s go back to that large cockroach in your kitchen. We now know it is likely we have an infestation. Research shows that “Integrated Pest Management” (IPM) is the best method. IPM means approaching the problem from many angles; setting traps, good sanitation, vacuuming, and chemical treatments.
Our technicians at SureShot Pest Control are trained in IPM and are ready to help you solve your cockroach infestation. We know how to get rid of cockroaches and keep them away. Call today to request a free estimate and to learn more about our residential and commercial pest control services in Bedford.
Contact SureShot Pest Control Today!(888) 616-3061
Get started with fast and effective pest control services in Indiana and Michigan.