Getting Rid Of Ants In Your Bedford Home For Good!
April 30, 2023
Would you rather have ants in your pants or your Bedford home? Probably neither! However, you're less likely to get ants in your pants if they're not in your home, to begin with.
The truth is that there are many different species of ants, and the common ones here in the Bedford area, include pharaoh, carpenter, pavement, and little black ants. Some are more harmful than others. Nonetheless, none of them belong in your home.
However, if you're finding ants in or around your home, it's for a reason. Contacting your local Bedford pest control will be your best option to get to the root source of why ants are showing up in your home. Contact SureShot Pest Control to get your ant control services started.
How To Identify Common Types Of Ants
Knowing the types of ants you're dealing with will give you a better idea of how to prevent them. It will also help you give a good description to your ant pest control technician should you need professional home pest control treatment.
- Pharaoh ants: These ants have typically pale bodies, ranging in color from yellow to reddish, with an often darker abdomen. Having segmented monomorphic bodies, they measure around 1/16 of an inch long.
- Carpenter ants: Typically, these ants are red, black, or a combination of the two colors. They have oval segmented bodies and are a larger than average species, measuring around ⅝ of an inch long.
- Pavement ants: Dark brown to nearly black in color these ants are frequently found around homes. With oval segmented bodies, they measure around ⅛ of an inch long.
- Little black ants: The body color of these ants ranges from dark brown to black (typically jet-black). They have a two-segmented pedicel (waist) and measure around 1/16 of an inch in length. Their thorax lacks spines, and their body is unevenly shaped.
If you are having trouble identifying the ants in your home, call the experts at SureShot Pest Control. We can help you identify the ants in your home and develop a plan to get them out for good.
The Problems Ants Can Cause In Your House
Ants in Bedford are a significant source of property damage. Ants can gnaw through drywall, insulation, and wood. If you see one or two ants, more will likely come.
Ants aren't just a nuisance or a danger to your property; they can also contaminate your food and kitchen surfaces. To keep ants out, it's crucial to store food in airtight containers. Contact SureShot Pest Control if you believe you have ants or are having trouble controlling an infestation.
Call Us At The First Sign Of An Ant Problem Around Your Home
Despite your best efforts, you might still end up with an ant infestation in your house. Contact SureShot Pest Control immediately if you discover an ant infestation or have concerns about one. The sooner you deal with your ant problem, the sooner you can live in an ant-free home.
Naturally Effective Tips To Prevent Future Ant Problems
Ants typically only enter your home in search of food. Anything sweet and sticky will draw them in. When ants locate a food source, they leave a trail that other ants can detect and follow as they return in search of food for their colony. To get rid of ants, it's best to eliminate the things that attract them and minimize entry points. You can do this with the following tips:
- Reduce moisture.
- Seal gaps and cracks around doors and windows.
- Keep floors and counters clean.
- Dispose of old pet food.
- Keep food in airtight bags or containers.
- Keep trash can lids firmly shut.
- Clean food and liquid spills quickly.
These ant prevention tips will do wonders in making your home less attractive to ants. However, they may not be enough if you're already dealing with a pest infestation like ants. Let SureShot Pest Control rid your home of such troublesome pests.
Contact SureShot Pest Control Today!(888) 221-2269
Get started with fast and effective pest control services in Indiana and Michigan.