An Informative Guide To Effective Termite Control In Bedford
April 15, 2022
Of all common household pests, termites are among the most destructive.
Termites don’t spread diseases, although their presence in a home or property can trigger allergic reactions in some people. However, because termites feed on wood, they cause serious damage to wooden homes and structures and furniture, and personal items.
The damage is so extensive that termites cost American homeowners several billions of dollars a year in repairs. Unfortunately, most insurance policies don’t cover termite damage, leaving homeowners to pay out-of-pocket for repairs. Avoid all this with the help of Bedford pest control.
Read on to learn about the telltale signs of termites and the extent of structural damage termites can cause. We also describe four factors that attract termites to properties and offer information on the best termite control in Bedford.
Know The Signs Of A Termite Infestation
There are several signs that you have a termite infestation in your home or on your property. The three most common signs are:
- Finding Termite droppings, known as frass, outside of areas where termites are burrowing; it may resemble wood shavings, coffee grinds, or salt and pepper.
- Noticing mud tubes in voids between a structure and the ground below and on the walls.
- Seeing termite swarmers, which are winged termites that specifically aid in breeding and signify a growing infestation.
Early signs of termite damage to look out for are windows or doors that appear stuck in place or easily slide open and closed. You may also notice damage underneath wallpaper and peeling paint.
The Extent Of Structural Damage Termites Can Cause
Let’s get to the point: if termites are left alone for long enough, they can collapse a home or structure or cause it to be deemed unlivable.
If the repairs are costly enough, it may not be worthwhile for homeowners to invest in fixing the termite damage, which presents challenges of its own.
Factors That Attract Termite To Properties
Several factors may be attracting termites to your Bedford property. Here are four of the most common factors that attract termites:
- Moisture: Termites can only survive in high-moisture conditions, so be vigilant for leaky pipes, faulty plumbing, clogged gutters and drains, pooling water, and other issues that may add moisture to the soil on your property. Pay close attention to the moisture in the soil around your home or business.
- Damage To The Foundation Or Exterior-Facing Walls: Cracks in the structure’s exterior serve as welcome mats for termites and other pests.
- Having Wood In Contact With The Foundation: The closer wood is to the foundation of a home or building, the easier it is for termites to access.
- Storing Wood Around Your Home: Termites feed on cellulose materials, including firewood and lumber. Be sure to keep either of these materials away from your home or discard them altogether.
The Most-Effective Termite Control For Bedford Properties
You should not delay handling a pest issue, but termite problems certainly must not be overlooked. The faster you address a termite problem, the less chance of incurring serious damage.
SureShot Pest Control is a local pest control business serving Bedford homes and businesses for more than 25 years. Our skilled technicians have experience tackling a long list of pests, including termites, and we have safe, effective solutions to keep your family, friends, colleagues, and coworkers safe.
If you have termites on your Bedford property or have questions about other pests, call SureShot Pest Control today.
Contact SureShot Pest Control Today!(888) 616-3061
Get started with fast and effective pest control services in Indiana and Michigan.